We recommend that a visual inspection should be carried out on a monthly basis, and also recommend that notes are recorded. The below factors should be focused on:
– Location / Visibility of the extinguisher – is it located in a suitable and accessible place? And is it easily seen?
– Operating – are the instructions on the extinguisher clean, facing outwards and easy to read?
– Condition of the extinguisher – has the extinguisher been used, is there any obvious damage / corrosion or are there any missing parts?
– Extinguisher pressure – is the extinguishers pressure within a safe operating limit?
– Tamper seals – are the seals and tamper indicators broken?